Recipe Adapted from Australian Women's Weekly - Easy Thai-style Cookery
Green Curry Paste: Blend into fine paste
3 fresh green chillies
1 small red onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander (including roots)
2 stalks lemon grass
1 small knob galangal, peeled
1 piece shrimp paste, roasted until fragrant and dry
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric
3 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
1 carrots, cut into chunks
1 egg plant, cut into chunks
200g french beans, cut into 2cm length
1/4 cabbage, cut into big pieces
half a pack of tofu puffs
10 button mushroom
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
palm sugar, to taste
fish sauce, to taste
- In a wok, heat about 2 tbsp oil and stir fry green curry paste until aromatic.
- Add in 3/4 of the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Put in tofu puffs and vegetables (thicker and harder vegetables should go in first since they take longer to cook). Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Season with palm sugar and fish sauce. Then tip in the remaining coconut milk.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Thailand) - November Month
hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings