Adapted from Dianna Dessert
250g cream cheese (softened)
50g butter (softened)
120g caster sugar
90ml orange juice
10ml lemon juice
zest of 1 orange
6 egg yolks
60g plain flour
20g corn flour
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line a 23cm springform pan.
- Sift together plain flour and cornflour. Leave aside.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and half of the sugar until soft and fluffy. Add in egg yolks and beat until combined. Then beat in orange juice and zest.
- Fold in sifted flours.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add in cream of tartar. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a water bath for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool in the oven with the oven door ajar for about 1 hour.