250g Granita biscuits
250g cream cheese, softened
30g caster sugar
140g lychee + enough syrup
1/2 tbsp lime juice (optional)
extra lychee, chopped coarsely
15g gelatin + 50g hot water
250g thickened cream (chilled)
- Process biscuits in a food processor; add in melted butter and mix to combine.
- Pour biscuit crumbs into a 21cm springform pan and press crumbs over the base and sides of the pan to form a crust. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- Blend lychee and syrup to get 250ml lychee purée. Add in lime juice.
- Dissolve gelatin in the hot water. Add into lychee purée. Set aside.
- Place chilled cream in a cold bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese with caster sugar until smooth. Gradually add in lychee mixture, beating well to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream and chopped lychee.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the crust and chill overnight.