Adapted from Qi Qi in the house
4 eggs (66g each), room temperature
90g caster sugar
50g corn oil (I used rice bran oil)
30g pandan juice
10g coconut milk
a few drops of pandan paste - optional
100g plain flour (sifted twice)
- Preheat oven to 120 deg C.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a metal bowl over a saucepan of hot water and whisk with an electric mixer (on medium-high speed) until sugar dissolves. Remove bowl from the saucepan. Whisk until mixture triples in volume and is thick enough to hold a trail. Reduce to low speed and whisk for another minute. Then whisk in pandan juice and coconut milk.
- Using a balloon whisk, gently fold in the flour in 3 or 4 batches.
- Gradually pour the oil around the edge of the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the patty cases to 90% full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.