Ingredients: [Makes 45 cookies]
125g butter, melted
100g grated coconut sugar
60g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
70g grated carrot (mix with 1 tbsp lemon juice)
90g organic rolled oats
30g quinoa flakes
20g walnuts, toasted and chopped
30g dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Melt butter. Allow to cool.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground cinnamon together into a big mixing bowl. Add in sugars, oats, cranberries, quinoa flakes, chopped walnuts and grated carrot. Stir to combine.
- Add sugars and egg yolks into the melted butter. Using a fork, blend everything together and pour mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls and then gently flatten.
- Place cookies on lined baking tray and bake for about about 13 - 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden.