Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover
2 kg minced pork
150g celery, finely chopped
180g carrot, finely chopped
240g brown onions, finely chopped
2 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
12 tbsp oil
5 tsp ground fennel
4 tsp dried thyme
80g fresh bread crumbs
3/4 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp ground white pepper
10 sheets frozen "Pampas" puff pastry (semi-thawed)
extra fresh breadcrumbs
egg wash (mix 1 egg with 1 tbsp milk and a pinch of salt)
poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, saute minced garlic and onion until aromatic.
- Add in celery and carrot; continue to cook for a minute. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine everything in (A). Blend and stir the meat mixture in one direction until mixture becomes gluey.
- Cut the pastry sheets into halves. Shape the meat mixture into logs and coat with extra breadcrumbs. Then place along the long edge of the pastry. Roll up the pastry to make into rolls. Cut into 8. Place rolls, seam-side down onto the baking tray.
- Brush rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 deg C for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed up.