Adapted from Carol's 湯種100%全麥吐司
(A) Tang Zhong Dough (mix together and chill overnight in the fridge)
50ml scalded milk
50g wholemeal bread flour
(B) Main Dough
100g Tang Zhong
255g wholemeal bread flour
1 egg (50g)
1 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
90g cold milk
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all ingredients (B) together. Then add in (A), knead until well combined. Gradually add in butter and continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with clingwrap. Place it in a warm place to allow the dough to rise until at least doubled in volume.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and divide into two equal portions. Shape into balls. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into rectangular shape and roll them up like swiss rolls.
- Place the two rolls into a greased loaf pan; cover and let it proof again until almost doubled or 90%.
- Bake in a preheated oven (175 deg C) for about 40 minutes or until brown.
- Remove the bread from the pan immediately and brush the top with melted butter if you wish.