Recipe adapted from Bakericious
250g plain flour
250g glutinuous rice flour
130g caster sugar
150g purple sweet potato, mashed
6g instant yeast
- Dissolve yeast in 50g of 7-Up, mix well.
- Combine flours, sugar, sweet potato mash and yeast mixture together in a mixing bowl. Gradually knead in balance of 7-Up and water. Knead until dough is smooth.
- Then add in oil a little at a time, knead well.
- Cover dough and leave to proof until double in size.
- Divide dough into 50g portions and shape into round balls. Place balls onto square of baking paper. Using your palm (which has been greased with some cooking oil), flatten the balls slightly. Cover and proof again until they are almost double in size.
- Steam over medium-high heat for 13 minutes. Turn off fire and leave the xi ban in the steamer, with a little gap opened for about 3 minutes, then remove xi ban from steamer.