125g unsalted butter, softened
80g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
80g chopped dried figs
120g sour cream
45g lime juice
220g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
90g almond meal
almond flakes, for topping
- Line a 12.5 x 22.5 cm loaf pan. Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Combine sour cream and lime juice together; set aside.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder together. Then add in almond meal, mix to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, salt and lime zest until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beat until well combined after each addition. Add in vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in figs. Mix to combine.
- Then add in the flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately; beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake is cooked.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning cake onto a wire rack to cool.
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy
and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY.