After making the batch of super soft choc-chip hot cross buns using Victoria's recipe, I decided to make this Coconut-Cranberry Scrolls which was absolutely delicious, they are soft and buttery. I know you won't say no to it ...
Ingredients: [Makes 16 scrolls]
Started dough (prepare this the day before):
60g bread flour
5g caster sugar
42g hot water
- Place butter and hot water into a small saucepan and stir over low fire until butter has melted. Turn off the fire.
- Mix in flour and sugar and stir to form a soft dough.
- Transfer dough into a container and keep it covered. Chill in the refrigerator for 18 - 24 hours.
400g bread flour
100g plain flour
70g caster sugar
8g instant dry yeast
60g egg, lightly beaten
50g thickened cream
250g fresh milk
125g starter dough
50g butter, softened
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all ingredients together, except butter.
- Knead until well combined and a soft dough is formed. Add in butter and continue to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic and passed the window-pane test.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow to proof until double in size.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 2 portions. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll into a rectangular. Spread coconut filling over the dough and sprinkle cranberries over it. Roll up the dough into a log and cut into 8 pieces. Repeat with the other piece of dough.
- Arrange the scrolls, slightly apart on a line baking tin. Cover with cling wrap and leave them to rise until nearly double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180 deg C for about 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the top of the scrolls with melted butter.
Coconut Filling: (Mix everything together except the cranberries)
75g desiccated coconut
60g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
30g almond meal
75g butter, softened
1/2 cup dried cranberries
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy
and co-host byDoreen of my little favourite DIY.