When I saw Joceline, Rose Manap and then Sonia made these cute little kuih, I couldn't resist making them too, especially when my new bahulu mould has been sitting in the cupboard for two years - still wrapped in plastic!!
Recipe from Sonia
100g cake flour
100g coconut milk
100g pandan water (and a drop of pandan paste)
A pinch of salt
Fillings: mix together
Gula Melaka (grated)
Gula Melaka (palm sugar ) or raw sugar
Kuih Bahulu mould
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, strain the batter.
- Heat up the Kuih Bahulu mould over a gas stove.
- When the mould is hot, grease the cavity with cooking oil using pandan leaves.
- Spoon batter into each cavity half full, fill with about 1/2 tsp in the centre of each batter.
- Spoon batter to completely cover each of the cavity. Cover the mould with a lid and cook until golden brown (take about 5 min).
- Remove the kuih with a skewer.