240g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g butter, softened
140g caster sugar
3 eggs (59g each)
zest of 1 orange
125 ml orange juice
20g roasted walnuts, chop coarsely
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
a few walnut halves
- Preheat oven at 160 deg C.
- Sift flour together with bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in orange zest.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add in flour mixture, alternating with orange juice; starting and ending with flour and walnut.
- Spoon cake batter into cupcake casings. Gently place a few walnut halves on the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until done.