250g butter, softened
180g caster sugar
4 eggs (60g each), room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
190g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
60g coconut milk
1/2 tsp pandan paste
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease and line an 8 inch round cake pan.
- Sift plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the butter until soft. Then add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on slow speed, alternately add in the flour mixture and coconut milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Divide batter into two portions. Add pandan paste into one portion and mix to just combined.
- Place a spoon of the plain batter onto the middle of the cake pan and top it with a spoonful of the pandan batter. Continue with alternating batters, making sure to keep placing them into the centre with each addition.
- Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.