180g butter, softened
130g caster sugar
zest of 2 oranges
250g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
95g sour cream
50g fresh milk
120g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease a 20cm round pan; line base with baking paper.
- In a bowl, rub the sugar and orange zest together with your fingertips until the sugar is moist and the fragrance of orange strong. Set aside.
- Sift flour together with salt. Set aside.
- Combine sour cream and milk together in a cup, Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for about a minute and gradually add in sugar mixture, Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Then add in vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour, alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Genty, stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Leave the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.