Adapted from Completely Delicious
170g dark chocolate, chopped
8g cocoa powder
2g instant coffee granules
175g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp salt
95g plain flour
85g pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 20.5 cm square pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate, cocoa powder, coffee granules and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add in sugar and vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in salt and flour and stir until well combined. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread evenly. Drop spoonfuls of Nutella onto the batter, about 4 cm apart, then use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella into the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges appeared crispy but a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several days or in the fridge for a week.