(Makes 2 loaves)
210g organic bread flour
90g plain flour
24g caster sugar
6g instant dried yeast (1 1/2 tsp)
250g organic wholemeal bread flour
50g plain flour
30g caster sugar
80g mixed seeds (sunflower, black and white chia seeds & pumpkin seeds)
1 tsp salt
25g milk powder
70g butter, softened
- Mix all the starter dough ingredients until well combined. Cover and leave at room temperature until dough rises and becomes sticky and have a stringy appearance ("honeycomb-like").
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all main dough ingredients, except butter. Then add in the starter dough, knead until well combined. Add in butter and continue kneading until dough is smooth and elastic and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and place it in a warm place to rise until dough is doubled in volume.
- Punch down the dough to release trapped air. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into a round shape; cover and rest for about 20 minutes.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape and roll them up swiss rolls style. Place 3 rolls into each greased loaf pan; cover and let it proof again until almost doubled (or 90%).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg C for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
|Starter Dough: Sticky with a stringy appearance ("honeycomb-like")|