Recipe Source from The Kitchen 70's
4 egg yolks
75g canola oil
100g coconut milk (heat up to 80 deg C)
10-20g pandan paste
4 egg whites
75g caster sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
85g low protein flour
15g corn flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale. Gradually add in oil, coconut milk and pandan paste. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flours into a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the egg yolk mixture in a slow and steady stream.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 8" tube pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cook.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
- Unmould the cake when it is completely cool.