3 lamb chops, trimmed off excess fat
5 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper (adjust according to taste)
dash of ground white pepper
1 tsp sugar (or rock sugar)
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
3 stalks of celery, sliced thickly
2 small carrots, sliced thickly
1 small brown onion, cut into wedges
- Press white pepper and cracked black pepper onto lamb chops.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, put in lamb chops and sear both sides until light brown. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little olive oil and lightly saute onion wedges and carrots. Put back the lamb chops into the pan.
- Add enough water to cover the chops. Season with salt, sugar, light soy and dark soy. Bring to the boil and then simmer until lamb is tender. If sauce dries out before the meat is tender, add more water.
- Finally, add in celery and stir well.
- Serve hot.