This is an amazingly soft and moist bread with a subtle coco-nutty flavour that you don't want to pass up!
270g bread flour
30g plain flour
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry instant yeast
170g coconut milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all the ingredients together, except oil.
- Knead until it forms a slightly sticky soft dough. Gradually add in oil. Continue to knead until smooth and elastic. [At this stage, the dough should be able to stretch to form a window-like thin membrane without breaking - Windowpane Test ].
- Shape the dough into a smooth ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with cling wrap. Then place it in a warm, moist and draught-free place to allow the dough to rise until doubled.
- Punch down by pressing the dough out evenly with your hands to release the air.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Roll into balls. Cover and rest for about 10 mins.
- Flatten each dough into a rectangle and roll it into a tight cylinder. Pinch the seam at the end to close. Place the dough, seam side down, into a greased loaf pan. Loosely cover with cling wrap and let them rise until just about doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven (175 deg C) for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pan and brush the top with butter.