500g pumpkin (cut into cubes)
100g dried shrimps, washed and chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
5 shallots, finely sliced
3 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tsp chicken stock granules
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
250g rice flour
40g wheat starch
30g tapioca flour
1.25 litre water
spring onion, sliced finely
ground toasted peanuts (optional)
toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute shallots and garlic until fragrant; remove from pan. Then lightly fry dried shrimps. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, stir fry pumpkin for about 2 minutes. Add in the fried shallots, garlic, dried shrimps and seasoning. Stir fry for another minute. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the rice flour, wheat starch, tapioca flour and water together. Stir to ensure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Cook batter over low heat until mixture thickens. Add in pumpkin. Mix well.
- Pour batter into a well greased (26 cm round) pan. Using a spatula, level the surface.
- Steam on high heat for about 45 - 55 minutes or until cooked. (There will be liquid on the surface, just leave it as it will be absorbed as the cake cools and prevents the surface from drying out).