|An exotic fruit salad of aromatic delights, blended with China black tea, bergamot oil, hibiscus, sunflowers and rose petals.|
Ingredients: (for a 20cm chiffon)
5 egg yolks
70g earl grey tea
70g self-raising flour
2 tbsp French Earl Grey - grind into dust
1 vanilla bean - split and scrap out the seeds (reserve the pod for other purposes)
5 egg whites
80g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Gradually add in oil, tea, vanilla and tea dust. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the egg yolk mixture in a slow and steady stream.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake for about an hour or until cook.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
- Unmould the cake when it is completely cool.