Ingredients: (for a 20cm chiffon)
5 egg yolks
70g coconut milk
70g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp pandan paste
cocoa powder (for dusting)
5 egg whites
80g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Gradually add in oil, coconut milk and pandan paste. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the egg yolk mixture in a slow and steady stream.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour a layer of batter into an ungreased tube pan and sift cocoa powder over it. Gently pour another layer of batter over the cocoa powder (you do not have to level it). Then sift cocoa powder over the batter. Repeat the process.
- Bake for about an hour or until cook.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
- Unmould the cake when it is completely cool.