1 red capsicum
6 cloves garlic (leave the skin intact)
2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted and grind to powder
salt & pepper, to taste
lemon juice, to taste
3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the eggplants into halves, lengthwise, with the skin on.
- Cut the capsicum into quarters, lengthwise. Remove the central seeds and membrane.
- Rub eggplants, capsicum and garlic cloves with olive oil and place them onto a baking tray, cut-side down. Put in the garlic cloves
- Roast for about 35 - 40 minutes or until the eggplant is very soft and the skin of the capsicum charred and blistered.
- Remove from oven. Transfer the eggplant to a bowl to cool. Then scoop out the flesh.
- Transfer the capsicum to a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 15 minutes. Then peel the skin off.
- Place the flesh of the eggplant, capsicum, roasted garlic (without the skin), sesame powder, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a food processor. Process until smooth or to a consistency that you preferred.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, etc.