Adapted from this recipe
[Makes 12 muffins]
260g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
100g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
250ml orange juice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 rice bran oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1 orange
50g dried cranberries
40g dark chocolate, chopped
40g dried shredded coconut + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper lines.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together (A).
- In another bowl, whisk together (B).
- Fold the wet ingredients (B) into dry ingredients (A) and stir quickly and gently until ingredients are combined and moistened.
- Then stir in (C).
- Fill the muffin cups with batter and then sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.