|... after final proofing|
|... with egg white glaze|
|... with pineapple puree glaze|
Tangzhong: * (Refer here for instructions on how to make tangzhong)
25g high protein flour or bread flour
400g high protein flour or bread flour
70g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
15g milk powder
6g instant yeast
1 egg (54g without shell)
220g crushed pineapple or pineapple puree
15g desiccated coconut
all the tangzhong *
35g olive oil
beaten egg white
3 tbsp pineapple puree + 1 tbsp honey
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all the main ingredients except olive oil. Add in tangzhong and knead until well combined. Then add in oil and continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap and allow to rise until double in size.
- Punch down the dough to release trapped air. Divide dough into 20 equal portions. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a ball and place onto a baking tray. Cover and leave them to rise until almost double.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Brush the rolls with egg white and bake for 20 minutes. Remove rolls from the oven and brush the surface of the rolls with pineapple puree, then bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove rolls from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.