I have never make Pandan Kaya before and since I have some frozen pandan leaves sitting in my freezer, I decided to make some for my Pulut Tai Tai. Blended with coconut milk, the pandan leaves impart such a lovely green hue and lovely aroma to the kaya. I adapted this recipe from Sonia's Homemade Pandan Kaya. My kaya however didn't turn out as smooth as Sonia's.
390g caster sugar
585g coconut milk
9 pandan leaves, cut into small pieces
- Blend pandan leaves together with coconut milk in a blender. Strain and discard the pulp.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk eggs and sugar together using a balloon whisk, until sugar dissolves.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a double boiler set over low fire.
- Stir kaya mixture constantly until it thickens (or reach the desired consistency).
|after cooking for 15 minutes|
|after cooking for 1 hour 10 minutes|
- Store kaya in a dry and clean container and keep refrigerated.