400g glutinous rice
280g coconut milk + 1/2 tsp salt
a few drops of pandan paste
banana leaves (since I don't have any, I used bamboo leaves)
- Soak glutinous rice for about 2 hours. Drain well.
- Place rice, coconut milk and pandan leaves into a tray lined with bamboo leaves. Steam over boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with chopsticks to mix well. (More coconut milk can be added if needed). Add a few drops of pandan paste to a small portion of the rice. Steam for another 5 minutes.
- Line a loaf pan with cling wrap. Spoon in the rice and press down until well compact. Cover with cling wrap and weigh it down with another loaf pan filled with water. Leave to cool completely.
- Cut rice into pieces and serve with Pandan Coconut Jam (Pandan Kaya).