6 sheets frozen ready-rolled Pampas puff pastry, thawed
a 12-cup muffin pan, greased
egg whites, lightly beaten
200g roast chicken, cut into cubes
1 small carrot, diced (85g)
1 potato, diced (130g)
1/2 brown onion, diced (65g)
90g bacon, diced
a handful of chopped chinese celery/parsley
1 small sprig of rosemary, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sugar
salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chicken stock/water
2 tbsp plain flour
3/4 - 1 cup cream
- Heat olive oil in a pan and lightly brown diced onion. Add in bacon, followed by carrot and potato. Cook about 5 minutes. Then add in chicken and rosemary. Fry for about a minute or two then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in stock and bring to the boil. Season with sugar, salt and pepper. Add in cream. Lastly stir in chopped chinese celery. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Cut circles out of the pastry to fit the greased muffin pans. Then press each circles into the pan to fill the base and line the sides of the pan. Brush the base with beaten egg white (to prevent the base from being soggy) and chill the pastry for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry for the top crusts.
- Fill the pies to the brim with the filling. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash and place the top crust over. Using a fork, press down the edges to seal. Brush the top of the pies with egg wash and prick a few holes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot.