Ingredients: (Makes 27)
150g minced pork
60g finely grated carrot
270g finely grated yam bean
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 stalks spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
enough oil for deep frying
spring roll wrappers (5" x 5")
cornflour mixture (corn starch + water)
Marinade: Mix all together
3/4 tsp corn starch
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
salt & pepper, to taste
- Pour marinade into the minced pork and mix until well combined.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Saute garlic until aromatic, add in minced pork. Cook until meat is brown. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same wok, stir fry carrot and yam bean until soft. Add the meat into the vegetables and add in oyster sauce, pepper and spring onions. Toss well and cook until filling is dry. Dish onto a plate and let it cool.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on the cutting board. Place a heaped teaspoon of filling near one corner of the wrapper. Fold over the corner and roll tight. Fold in the 2 sides and brush the edges with cornflour mixture and roll to form a spring roll. Cover spring rolls with a damp towel to prevent from drying out.
- Heat enough oil in a wok, fry spring rolls in batches until golden. Keep turning them to brown evenly. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce.
Note: Use a dampen kitchen paper towel to cover the spring roll wrapper to prevent from drying out while making spring rolls.