You only need 2 ingredients for this quick bread. ICE CREAM + FLOUR. No kidding! Easy as ABC. You can throw in your favourite berries and nuts for extra flavour if you wish. Hop over to Rebecca's blog to check out her delicious Blueberry Ice Cream Bread.
This quick bread is very flavoursome and moist in texture. The orange-sugar topping adds a little extra zing to the bread. Perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea.
Ingredients: (Makes 8 petite loaves)
480g vanilla ice cream, softened
230g self-raising flour
40g pistachio nuts, chopped - keep some extra for topping
30g choc bits
50g dried cranberries, chopped coarsely - keep some extra for topping
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp raw sugar mix well with orange zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Grease and flour a 8-cup petite loaf pan.
- With a hand held mixer mix together softened ice cream and flour until combined.
- Add in chopped pistachios, cranberries and choc bits, stir to combine using a rubber spatula.
- Divide batter evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle remaining pistachios and cranberries over the top of the bread. Spoon melted butter and sprinkle orange-sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove pan from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.