3 duck drumsticks (about 650g), cut into 3 pieces
100ml lychee syrup
1 cup water (approx)
about 10 drained canned lychees
fish sauce, to taste
150ml coconut cream
1 lime juice
3 kaffir lime leaves
coriander leaves, for garnishing
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 stalks of lemongrass
4 coriander roots
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, fry the duck, skin-side down for about 5 minutes to render the fat. Turn over and fry lightly to brown the duck. Transfer onto a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat and add about 1 tbsp of oil into the pan. Stir fry the grounded ingredients until aromatic; add about 1/4 cup coconut cream and bring to the boil.
- Add in duck, water and lychee syrup. Bring to the boil and simmer until duck is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the remaining coconut cream, lychees and kaffir lime leaves. Season with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.