Thanks to my dear friend, MeeLan who so generously shared this beautiful recipe with me.
400g good quality chocolate
150g self-raising flour
3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly greased a 20cm springform pan. Line the base of the pan with baking paper.
- Placed chopped chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water (the bottom of the bowl must not touch the water). Once the chocolate is melted, stir well, ensuring that it is completely smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Stir melted chocolate into the batter until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. When the cake is cooked, a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before turning it out of the pan.