Ingredients: (Yields 79 cookies)
180g butter, softened
60g icing sugar, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
180g plain flour
20g corn flour
200g finely ground roasted peanuts
Glazing: 1 egg, beaten
- Sift plain flour and corn flour together. Set aside.
- Cream butter, icing sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flours and ground peanut to achieve a soft dough. Put dough into a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out portions of dough (8g each) and roll into balls and place them onto a lined baking tray. Then with the end of a straw press lightly onto the cookie to form the indentation. Glaze the cookies with beaten egg.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.