3 eggs (weighing 56g each with shell)
60g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 mashed banana
125g self-raising flour
10g milk powder
1/8 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash of mixed spice
1/8 tsp salt
90g coconut oil or rice bran oil
40g walnuts, chopped
5g walnuts, chopped (extra)
- Line a loaf pan (21 x 11 x 3.5cm).
- Sift flour, milk powder, soda bicarbonate, baking powder, mixed spice and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until thick and pale.
- Add in mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Fold in sifted flour mixture. Then gradually add in oil and stir to combine.
- Finally fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle extra chopped walnuts over the top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for an hour or until done.