310g bread flour
30g brown sugar
5g instant dried yeast
125g mashed pumpkin
40g butter, softened
1 tbsp white/black chia seeds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Combine flour, sugar and salt together. Add in yeast and stir to combine. Add in mashed pumpkin, yogurt and egg. Using the dough hook, knead until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Add in butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Incorporate chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow to rise until double in size.
- Punch down the dough to expel trapped air. Divide dough into 9 equal portions. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten a piece of dough and roll up like swiss roll. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Place the rolls slightly apart on a greased baking tray. Cover and proof until almost double in size.
- Preheat oven to 185°C.
- Brush buns with egg wash and grate tasty cheese over the buns and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.