Recipe Source: Nasi Lemak Lover
(A) Using large eggs
3 egg whites
65g icing sugar (I used 55g caster sugar + 5g rice flour (sifted together)
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
65g self-raising flour (I used 65g plain flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder)
13 paper cups
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Using an electric beater, whisk egg white until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks formed. Set aside.
- Using the same beater, beat egg yolks, whole egg and oil until light. Then add in sifted flour and mix well to form a smooth and thick batter.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter and stir to combine. Then lightly fold in the rest of the meringue.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cups about 2/3 full and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and set them on a wire rack to cool.