650g duck drumsticks (3) - cut into big chunks
75g ginger slices
20g chopped garlic
1 tbsp fermented soy beans
5g rock sugar (4 small cubes)
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1/2 tbsp dark soy
3 tbsp light soy
1 tbsp oil
3/4 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water - for thickening
- Marinate duck pieces with 1 tbsp soy sauce and a dash of black pepper.
- Heat cooking oil and sesame oil in a saucepan and sauté ginger slices until fragrant, then add in chopped garlic. Sauté until fragrant and put in fermented soy beans.
- Put in marinated duck and fry until brown. Add dark and light soy sauces, rock sugar and black pepper. Pour in enough water to cover the duck. Stir well and cover.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until duck is tender. (It took 50 minutes cooked in my AMC pot).
- Thickened the sauce with corn flour mixture. Stir well and add in coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.