Recipe Source: Joy of Baking
Ingredients: [Makes 12 regular size muffins]
325g plain flour
150g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
125g fresh blueberries
zest of one orange
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
120ml canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper casings.
- In mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (A). Gently fold in the berries.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the wet ingredients (B).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup almost full with batter.
- Place the muffin pan into the oven and bake until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean (about 20 - 25 minutes).
- Transfer muffin pan onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes before removing muffins from the pan.