A really easy recipe adapted from here
2 cups freshly squeeze orange juice
zest of 2 oranges
200g caster sugar
1/2 cup Dutch cocoa
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
465g self-raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Grease and line a 21 x 11cm loaf tin.
- Put water, sugar and butter in a pan and cook over medium-low heat. Stir until butter is melted. Add in orange zest.
- Sift cocoa into the butter mixture. Whisk until combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add in beaten eggs, orange zest and vanilla. Fold in flour and whisk until smooth using a balloon whisk.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Remove cake from the oven and stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out.