125g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
150g self-raising flour
40g almond meal
50g dried cranberries, chopped (tossed in flour)
80ml fresh orange juice
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to moderate (about 160 degrees C). Grease an 8-hole mini loaf pan; line bases with baking paper.
- Beat butter, rinds and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions.
- Fold in flour, almond meals and orange juice.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Divide mixture among the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
120g icing sugar mixture
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Sift icing sugar into a small heatproof bowl; add the juice and mix to a firm paste.
- Stir over a small pan of simmering water until icing is a spreadable consistency (do not overheat)
- Spread icing immediately over cold cakes.