Chiffon Cake is by far my favourite cake of all, and Pandan Chiffon is my all time favourite! Loved the soft, velvety texture as well as the sweet fragrance of the pandan and coconut milk emanating from the freshly baked cake. The addition of coconut oil gives this cake a wonderful aroma and extra oomph.
5 egg yolks
50g coconut oil
70g coconut milk
1/4 tsp pandan paste
70g plain flour
5 egg whites
70g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Gradually add in oil and coconut milk. Stir until combined. Add in sifted flour and whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the meringue into the flour/egg yolk mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour batter into a 20 inch ungreased tube pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cook.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert the pan to cool.
- Unmould the cake when it is completely cool.