The green, feathery leaves of dill is very aromatic and has a strong distinctive taste which I love so much. Dill pairs beautifully with seafood or eggs, but today I am going to incorporate this aromatic dill into a tofu and leek dish. It is a very simple yet delicious dish which goes very well with rice or plain congee.
350g firm tofu, diced
50g dried shrimps, soaked and chopped into smaller pieces
2 leeks, sliced thinly
1 small bunch dill, chopped
half a carrot, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the tofu until light brown. Dish out and set aside.
- Fry dried shrimps until fragrant. Dish out and set aside.
- Saute minced garlic with some oil until aromatic. Add in diced carrot and stir-fry for a minute or two. Toss in leek, fried tofu and dried shrimps; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Finally add in chopped dill and stir to combine.
- Serve hot with rice or congee.