4 pieces of tofu, cut into 1" length, pat dry
3 salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 shallots, minced
3 sprigs of curry leaves, washed and pat dry
2 bird's eye chillies, chopped
sugar & salt, to taste
dash of pepper
- Heat oil and fry tofu until golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen towels to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, fry curry leaves until crispy and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter and saute minced shallots and garlic until fragrant, then add in chillies and then the crispy curry leaves.
- Add in mashed salted egg yolks and stir until well combined. Toss in the fried tofu pieces and fry until tofu pieces are well coated.
- Dish out and serve hot with plain rice.