Recipe Source from Christine's Recipes (with some slight changes)
Tangzhong: * (Refer here for instructions on how to make tangzhong)
25g high protein flour
Main Bread Dough:
370g high protein flour
50g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
12g milk powder
6g instant dry yeast
1 egg yolk
30g egg (whisked lightly)
125g fresh milk
28g condensed milk
75ml thickened cream
35g unsalted butter, softened
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine all the main dough ingredients, except butter. Add in all the tangzhong, knead until well combined. Then add in butter and continue kneading until dough is smooth and elastic and leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with clingwrap. Allow it to rise until double in volume.
- Punch down the dough to release trapped air. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Cover and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into an oval shape. (Please refer to Christine's recipe for pictorial instructions on how to shape the rolls). Place rolls into loaf pans. Cover and leave to rise until almost doubled.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto a wire rack to cool.