Source: Alex Goh's Magic Bread
80g bread flour
55g boiling water
240g bread flour
80g plain flour
20g milk powder
6g instant yeast
130g cold water
1 cold egg
120g toasted walnuts, chopped
- Add the boiling water from (A) into flour, mix until well-blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it refrigerated for at least 12 hours.
- Mix (B) until well-blended. Add in (C) and knead to form rough dough. Add in (A) and knead until well-blended.
- Add in (D) and knead to form elastic dough. Add in (E) and mix until well-blended. Cover the dough with cling film and let it proof until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 150g each and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Mould it round once again and slightly flatten it. Make four cuts at the side. Let it proof for 45 minutes or doubled.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 190 deg C for 18 minutes.