Source: Okashi Ishida's Earl Grey Tea Cake with slight changes
150g butter, softened
130g icing sugar, sifted
150g plain flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
15g almond meal
Earl Grey tea dust from 3 teabags
1 lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Line a loaf pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together twice. Set aside.
- Beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add in eggs, one at a time. Beat well to combine. Add in tea dust, almond meal, lemon juice and zest. Mix well.
- Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and make a lengthwise slit down the middle of the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake is cooked.