Source: Nasi Lemak Lover and Lite Home Bake with some changes in red.
3 egg yolks
25g caster sugar
35g corn oil
60g milk (substitute with orange juice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g cake flour (substitute with plain flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites
20g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice (substitute with 1 tsp cream of tartar)
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sift flour and baking powder twice. Set aside.
- Using a handheld electric beater, beat egg yolks and sugar until pale in colour. Add in oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well. Beat the mixture into flour. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar in 2 additions and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 egg white into egg yolk batter.
- Fold in balance egg white until well combined.
- Fill in paper cups to almost full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. I left cupcakes in oven with door ajar for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely.
- Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack and turn them upside down to cool completely.
- Dust some icing sugar on the cupcakes before serving.