Whilst these cookies are not the healthiest of snack, they taste absolutely fantastic - crunchy around the edge and gooey and 'chocolatey' in the centre.... so, what's not to love?Ingredients:
200g butter, softened
200g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
340g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
220g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
150g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat until well combined. Add in vanilla extract.
- Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda. Then, gently mix in chocolate chunks and nuts and stir until well combined.
- Take tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. Place them onto the baking tray, making sure you leave enough space in between to allow the cookies to spread.
- Bake for about 11 - 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden but still very soft (they will firm up upon cooling).
- Cool the cookies on the tray for about 3 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
These are best eaten when they are warm out of the oven.
If you want cookies to be crunchy, extend the baking time.