My first attempt at making pavlova from Donna Hay's recipe.....
4 egg whites
220g caster sugar (I reduced to 170g)
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees C.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gradually add sugar, whisking until thick and glossy.
- Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk until just combined.
- Shape into 6 individual round shapes onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven, reduce temperature to 120 degrees C. Bake for about 30 minutes. Cool pavlova completely in the oven with door ajar (about 1 hour).
- Whisk cream to soft peaks and spread over pavlova and top with your favourite fruit.