Recipe adapted from My Mind Patch
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
45g plain flour
50g condensed milk
3 egg whites
30g caster sugar
10g crushed oreo biscuits (with cream removed)
- Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
- Line the base of a 6" round pan.
- Sift cornflour and plain flour together, set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and whole eggs. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat until small bubbles start to break on the surface. Turn off the heat. Immediately add in flour mixture all at once and quickly stir to combine, using a balloon whisk. Add in condensed milk and stir to combine. Then add in the egg yolk mixture and mix well. Set aside.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in sugar gradually and continue to beat until it reaches firm peaks stage.
- Add one-third of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture and gently mix until it is well incorporated. Next, pour the egg yolk mixture into the meringue and using a silicon spatula, gently fold to combine.
- Add the crushed oreo into the batter and fold gently to just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Gently drop the pan twice on the benchtop to eliminate any large air bubbles in the batter.
- Place the cake pan in a larger pan filled with hot water (about 1 cm deep).
- Bake the cake (on the lowest rack of the oven) for about 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven and drop the pan onto the benchtop (to prevent the cake from shrinking).
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmould.